Ready to change your living space in the new year? Here are a few projects that can give you new options in your home. Depending on how big you make the change, these projects can be completed in a week-end, or over the course of a season.
- Seal the floor to protect against oil and other fluids
- Paint the walls with an eggshell or semi-gloss finish for easy cleaning
- Hang peg boards to store frequently used tools
- Paint walls with personalized colors, monogram or team symbol/logo
- Customize peg boards with tool placement
- Add a work bench or customized work station
Whether you’re looking for a space to watch the big game, play pool or enjoy other hobbies, the man cave, whether in a basement or a spare room is a fun room, customized to your hobbies.
- Paint the walls in a custom color
- Install big screen TV
- Hang posters/photos
- Include additional colors, symbols or logos in your paint job
- Designate activities to different parts of the room, for example, the TV viewing area and the foos ball table area
- Build a bar
Change Bedroom to Home Gym
If you like to workout at odd hours or prefer to exercise in private, a home gym may be the way to go. Make the most of the guest room, or the kid’s old room.
- Re-arrange furniture to accommodate exercise equipment
- Protect the flooring with pads
- Place machines, weight bench, etc
- Install television, stereo or other entertainment
- Install mirrors on one wall
- Create designated workout areas
Convert Dining Room to a Library or Office
Many families no longer use formal dining rooms and prefer to use the space as a home office or library. Updating the space can be a very simple project!
- Remove dining room furniture
- Update paint color on walls
- Place office or library furniture
- Install custom shelving or cabinetry