If you’re getting ready to list your home, that fresh wash or coat of paint can get an extra kick with landscaping. Some well-placed plants in the front yard can highlight features of the home and make it stand out from other homes for sale.
Here are some plants that do well in the Metro Atlanta’s summer heat and our infamous clay.
- Ajuga – these low growing plants do well in shady areas. After their blue blooms in the spring, their leaves stay green, burgundy or bronze from Spring straight through Fall
- Phlox – are great in full sun or partial shade and give off a beautiful fragrance
- Black-Eyed Susan – this bright blooms love the heat!
- Asters and Canna – more colorful blooms
- Daylilies – these hardy plants bloom several times throughout the summer
- Ironweed – grow well in clay, heat and even drought
- False Sunflowers – bloom all summer and are hardy in heat and drought.
Pick the blooms that complement the house colors and mix up the heights for more visual interest. Make sure to keep the flower beds weeded and you should be good to go through Georgia’s hot summer real estate season.