In the world of Instagram and Pinterest, home decor has never been so creative. Utilizing the tools available, you’re able to create something incredibly artistic that expresses who you are. While stencils and wallpaper are both great options, they each have their pros and cons. Today, we’ll go over each to give you an idea about which is right for your needs.
When working with stencil paint, you’re able to create a 100% customized look. Choose your pattern, where it goes, and the exact colors you want. They may be a bit more time consuming but stencils can be a fun DIY project you’ll love for years to come. And, when you’re ready for a change, simply paint over it.
- Options are virtually limitless
- Lower commitment
- Less costly than wallpaper
- Ideal for apartments or dorms
- Easier to apply on walls with texture.
- Stencils are more labor intensive
- Can require several coats of paint to cover up down the line
- Requires time and patience.
Choosing to wallpaper your home should be thought of more as an investment. While the initial cost may be a little higher, the long-term price is well worth it. With wallpaper, you are able to create a more intricate design than you can with stencils. If you’re looking for a permanent solution for your home, opting for wallpaper may be your best bet.
- More permanent solution
- Human-error free
- Ability to choose a more elaborate design
- Ideal for apartments, dorms, or family homes.
- Somewhat limited choices
- Not great for rooms susceptible to moisture
- May take multiple people to hang.
Both stencil paint and wallpaper are currently trending, however, when you’re making your house a home, only you can decide what option is best for you. Whether you want to create a temporary DIY look you’ll love, or a more permanent investment, the choices are only as limited as your imagination.