Painting your ceiling is a personal choice for homeowners that can help transform a room completely. However, there’s no hard fast rule that says that all ceilings should be white. Many designers agree that painting a ceiling can help accent the other color choices in the room, bringing it together for a completed look. Here are some of Three Brothers Painting‘s favorite ways to accentuate ceilings with color:
- Make a small room or a room with a low ceiling feel larger by keeping the color contrast between the walls and ceiling minimal. For the best effect, choose a ceiling color in a flat finish, which will absorb light and is less likely to show imperfections.
- On the other hand, you can make a large room feel cozy and balanced by experimenting with a darker shade on the ceiling and a lighter color on the walls.
- If the wall color is light, you can use the same color on the ceiling.
- For a darker wall color, choose a ceiling color that is 1-2 shades lighter.
- To accentuate a beautiful chandelier or light fixture, choose a red, gray or chocolate brown to really make your ceiling pop.
- Draw attention to an alcoved or textured ceiling with a bold color choice. This also works for outdoor ceilings like porches.
Photo courtesy of Flickr.