This is the one time of year that you can step away from all the renovations, the maintenance, and the chores. You’ve been doing that stuff all year. Now it’s time to enjoy the beauty of all your hard work. Have the family and friends over, start planning out your holiday feasts, and get ready to entertain. Before you do so though, it’s time to decorate!
Top 5 tips to decorate for the holiday season
- Shopping locally: There are several shopping centers around town that you can visit to find new decorations: The Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta, Woodstock Square, and Towne Center amongst others. Take a weekend trip to find everything festive.
- Online Shopping: Some particularly decoration heavy stores include World Market, Crate&Barrel, and Williams Sonoma. Shop at any of these stores and have your decorations mailed to you in no time.
- Add depth without adding quantity: Basically, don’t go overboard. Tasteful decorations throughout the house that don’t cover up your already beautiful interior design will add just the warmth you need to celebrate.
- Go with a color theme: A common color theme can tie everything together. You might want to choose red and white for a more Christmas feel, or you may want to go more blue and silver for a Hanukkah feel. Some people like to just jazz it up and go glitter and gold. Whatever colors you choose, you can add them throughout the house in small ways that don’t take too much effort.
- Painting: Want to seal that Instagram look or show your family your interior design flair? You can go into the new year with a whole new style by painting a few interior walls. Make sure they fit your color scheme and decide where that aesthetic will work best for you.
Need a little help with the details?
A quick search on Instagram or interior design blogs can give you some great inspiration on how you want to decorate your home. If you’re interested in painting, but don’t have the time or energy? Call Three Brothers Painting. A quick coat on the walls can be the most economical way to really shine this holiday season. We can help you pick out colors as well as do the job for you. We’re happy to get festive, and we’re happy to make your holiday decoration dream come true.